In order to support the consolidation of the Central Hub of EBRAINS, the organisation is looking for an HR Manager. The position reports to the EBRAINS Chief Operation Officer (COO) and is based in Brussels.
The HR Manger is responsible for the operational execution of the HR strategy. In this position, you would:
- Advise, coach and assist managers to identify HR solutions for their teams;
- Implement and support the Performance evaluation, Merit process, Talent development processes, award of promotions or possible disciplinary measures and any other association processes in collaboration with COO;
- Lead on the development and application of HR policy and process to build a positive workplace culture;
- Drive positive employee engagement by taking the lead on employee survey and evaluation process;
- Collaborate in writing, review and implement internal policies;
- Drive projects to improve processes and increase the efficiency of the HR work;
- Guide managers when there is legal issue linked to Human Resources and make sure the local laws, rules and policies are in place and respected by the employees;
- Lead specific HR projects;
- Attend phone screening and physical/Microsoft Teams interviews and coaching hiring managers on best practise;
- Collaborate and guiding the Admin officer;
- Lead the coordination of the EBRAINS policy with respect to training on the use of the Research Infrastructure’s tools and services;
- This list is not exhaustive and responsibilities extend to all EBRAINS branches.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (minimum), preferably in HR Management or Business Administration or Law.
- You are an excellent communicator and know how to argue your strategy and position.
- You are a lawyer or you know all about social law.
- Good knowledge of Belgian and Swiss employment legislation
- You have at least 10 years’ experience in human resources management
- Very strong English language skills, both written and spoken. French is a plus.
- A can-do attitude, eagerness to grow and to learn,
- Good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Have attention to detail, ability to multitask and deliver on time
- Practical, proactive, team player with a positive attitude
- Have (or being able to obtain) a valid work permit for Belgium
Start date: as soon as possible
Deadline for application: 31.01.2023
Activity rate: 100%
Duration of contract: Permanent contract
Ref: HR Manager
Applicants should submit a motivation letter and a detailed CV in a single PDF format only, with file name “Surname_position applied_motivation letter” and “Surname_position applied_CV” electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the position title in the “subject” field. Applications that do not comply with this request will not be considered.