EBRAINS PREP will allow EBRAINS to evolve from the largely EC-funded, Human Brain Project developed research infrastructure into a sustainable “Hub-and-Node” research infrastructure, on the ESFRI Roadmap with a new organisation framework.
EBRAINS PREP will put in place a financial, legal and governance framework for EBRAINS and prepare a plan to ensure the sustainable offering of the Service Capability by the Central Hub and the Nodes. Partners will commit to offer services needed by the brain research community by setting up EBRAINS Nodes. These will deliver a complete overall technical design and associated cost estimate for the Service Capability.
The project will also explore and decide on the legal structure that EBRAINS will adopt for the Operation Phase and produce draft statutes for EBRAINS in that structure.
Horizon Europe, HORIZON-INFRA-2021-DEV-02
- EBRAINS (Coordinator)
- University of Oslo
- Technical University of Madrid
- Fundació de recerca Sant Joan de Déu (AE )
- Bitbrain (AE)
- Spanish National Research Council (AE)
- August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute (AE)
- Rey Juan Carlos University (AE)
- Quirónsalud (AE)
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Research Center Julich GmbH
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission
- Athena Research & Innovation Center
- National Research Council of Italy
- Hasselt University
- University of Amsterdam
- École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
1 September 2022 – 28 February 2025