The eBRAIN-Health project will deliver a distributed medical research platform for modelling and simulating complex neurobiological phenomena of human brain function and dysfunction in a data protection compliant environment.
As part of the project, researchers will collate an array of different types of information, including data from PET and MRI scans, EEG tests, behavioural studies and lifestyle surveys, as well as clinical data from thousands of patients and healthy controls. These will be combined with biological information from knowledge databases and made available for research purposes. The resultant digital ‘brain twins’ will enable large numbers of researchers to conduct innovative research within a powerful digital infrastructure.
EBRAINS role: EBRAINS participates by offering services such as tool development, interoperability, management, communications and sustainability.
Related news: eBRAIN-Health project awarded funding by Horizon Europe
Horizon Europe, HORIZON-INFRA-2021-TECH
Approximately 13000000 Euros
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Coordinator)
- Research Center Julich GmbH
- Institute for Bioengineering Barcelona, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Oslo University Hospital
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der AngewandtenForschung e.V.
- Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
- Indoc Research Europe
- University Vienna
- Complutense University of Madrid
- Eodyne Systems SL
- University of Edinburgh
- Athena Research & Innovation Center
- University of Oslo
- Stichting VUmc
- Sapienza University of Rome
- Lausanne University Hospital
- Alzheimer Europe
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique
1 July 2022 – 30 June 2026