The Virtual Brain In EBRAINS
Use The Virtual Brain to construct personalized brain models and simulate them.
Construct virtual brains from your own individual brain scans by running available processing pipelines on high performance computers on CSCS
Use processed The-Virtual-Brain ready brain scans to run your simulations. Simulate the brain at multiple scales.
Use optimized Virtual Brain code for high performance computing and enjoy various training materials on INCF training space.
Create simulation-ready brain models and derivatives with THE VIRTUAL BRAIN PIPELINE
- Use your own data to create simulation-ready brain models.
- Find published brain models and derivatives in BIDS format with EBRAINS
- Access published models and derivatives annotated with metadata from
EBRAINS repositories, e.g.
- clinical data from brain tumour patients:
- ADNI Alzheimer’s BIDS-compliant derivatives (published by end of January 2020).
Personalised brain model
- Create personalised brain network models from MRI, PET and M/EEG data using TVB’s state of the art neuroimaging pipeline.
- Compute structural and functional connectomes and source-level M/EEG.
- Take advantage of a variety of BIDS Apps deployed on Swiss supercomputing centre CSCS that can be conveniently operated from the HBP Collab web interface.
- Make your brain models and derivatives findable and citable with HBP’s KnowledgeGraph and persistent DOIs.
- Constrain virtual brains with The Virtual Brain ready data derivatives in BIDS format.
Simulate and analyse large-scale brain network models with TVB-SIMULATOR
- Run The Virtual Brain neuroinformatics platform graphical user interface from HBP Collabs to simulate brain models and analyze results.
- Take advantage of supercomputing ressources at CSCS to perform parameter space explorations.
- Use and re-use Jupyter notebooks for efficient creation, simulation and analysis of brain simulations via The Virtual Brain’s programmatic interface.
- Enjoy the video tutorial platform EduPack to quickly get acquainted with TVB technologies.
Increase detail by coupling large-scale brain models with spiking networks using TVB-NEST cosimulation
- Study the impact of realistic large-scale brain network activity on spiking neurons and networks.
- Replace entire brain areas by spiking networks and study emerging mean field dynamics.
- Quickly set up multiscale models with a convenient Python wrapper that integrates The Virtual Brain and NEST interfaces.
Increase simulation speed using FAST-TVB
High performance simulation
- Perform extensive parameter space explorations or faster than realtime simulations of large networks with FAST-TVB.
- Exploit parallel supercomputing architectures with multithreaded The Virtual Brain simulations.
- Use a convenient platform-independent Docker container on your computer, supercomputer or at CSCS.
Visualise brain parcellations and simulation results with TVB-ATLAS
- Explore brain parcellations and the functional relevance of different brain areas.
- Learn the location and shape of areas, selectable by anatomy or function.
- Descriptions are available in English, Arabic, Hebrew, and German.